Looking at Delta from the air, looking East. Note the Lockheed Lodstar on display at the southeast corner of the Air Park near the centre of the photo.
Where Is The Coffee Shop?
The building in the centre of the picture, with the large sliding door, used to be a farm granary. Now it's the coffee shop, "Mary's Place!"
An aerial view taken in 1969. Note that the RAA hangar is built but not the Clubhouse. Also there is only one hangar building behind the Coffee Shop, and only three commercial hangars on 104 Street.
70% Spitfire Replica
Charlie Longstaff designed and built this wood-constructed 70% replica, including the retractable landing gear and the hand-carved propeller.
"Gogi" Goguillot built this Turbi and took it for its first flight at Delta in the 60s. RAA Chapter 85 owned it for many years so that its members could fly it to stay current while they were building and restoring their own airplanes. It was sold in 2014.
This 1939 Packard Coupe joined Bruce Prior's 1947 Cessna 190 for a photo shoot during one of the Air Park's annual July Fly-Ins.
Pitts Special S1S
Ray Brown built this Pitts Special in the 70s. It resided at the Air Park for over 30 years.
Colin Walker built this Super Emeraude in the 1970s. His son, Sean, flies it now.